Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010: Climbing Mountains

It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. - Edmund Hillary

All of the other blogs I read included a reflection about the New Year, so I'm feeling some blog pressure to do the same before I continue adding my mixed & spontaneous posts. I celebrated the New Year with friends in Boston & then traveled with the bf to Vermont to hike my first mountain in the snow. This hike (The Second 40th Annual Harvey S. Ramshackle Assault on Mt. Abe) has been happening at the beginning of every year for two generations and is no afternoon stroll. It was a an inspiring and positive experience to start off the year.

In addition to some personal resolutions for this exciting new decade (2010 yeah!), I'm also writing something about a New Cultural Resolution for the next decade, but in the meantime, I really want to keep posting.

So happy new year! If you're still looking for a resolution or want to add another one, check out 5 Green Resolutions for the New Year from Matt McDermott at Planet Green. And here's to the mountains we will each climb in 2010!


No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. - Buddah

No comments: