Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Van Jones Moves Up

Van Jones just tapped for senior White House Council position

Wow, this is so ridiculously cool. And I can't believe I just used the phrase "ridiculously cool" in reference to a government appointment. I feel like some of my wonky DC friends (love). Anyway, Van Jones of Green for All, and the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights is now the senior adviser to Nancy Shutley, Chairwoman of the White House Council on Environmental Quality.

This makes my Tuesday morning! It's amazing to feel the wind change direction, if only a little, and to have the sense that what you hope and think should happen is actually about to occur.

Ok, I'm done gushing. He'd better do a great job. He's an excellent speaker, highly motivated, motivational, action-oriented, and he really focuses on the intersection of community, climate, and culture. YES!
(photo taken from http://www.greenforall.org/about-us/staff)

No comments: